Friday, October 23, 2009

Fantasy Hockey, Gay Rage Continued, and Power Tools...

Hi. My name is Alyssa, and I am addicted to Fantasy Hockey.

I have three teams. As of today I am 4th out of 10, 5th out of 8, and 3rd out of 12, in that order. I really have nothing else to say about this, except that I drafted really well on all of my teams, and the players who are projected to score the most points ... are all very silent at the moment. This makes me very sad, and at a loss for strategy.

Do I trade? Do I drop? Or do I hang on for dear life, and hope that they wake up? I fear that if I trade/drop, my players will magically wake up just in time to positively effect someone else's roster. Conversely, I fear that if I don't trade/drop them, they will sit there, looking back at me, laughing. As if to say, "Yeah, as though we're actually going to DO anything..." Yeah, I'm looking at you Henrik Zetterberg.

*Le Sigh*

Gay Rage. Has not continued at all this week.* There are, however some new prospects for arch nemeses... interestingly enough, these new people are actually people I do NOT like in real life. Handy, no? Yet another example of how comic books can be used as a coping tool. I may call them "Troll Man" and "Douche Boy."

Did you know I can use power tools? Well ... I can. And I'm going to be using them a lot, I think, over the next couple of days. I will be attending two set builds (one of them is for the school I'm at) and a stage painting day. Power tools are not generally needed for painting days, but power tools are cooler than paint brushes ... to me. Because of this, I'm not really sure how I'm going to get my laundry/grocery shopping done... but isn't that just the joy of artistry?

Yeah, I have no answers for that either.

We had two days of surprisingly warm temperatures, and even a warm, zephyr-like wind ... and as of this morning, it's gone. It's back to being just cold. And at some point, it would behoove me to purchase some long underwear.

And that's all I have to say about that.

* Tracy, of COURSE you can be in it ... think up a character, and let me know! Oh ... and the Love Monkey will be making an appearance soooooon.... :D
---------------------
This blog is brought to you by:

Power Tools everywhere
The 26 oz. of coffee I've consumed this morning
pitas and hummus

2 comments:

Phoenix said...

YAAAAY!!!! Um...Spaz Girl? Chaos Monkey? (or is that too close to Love Monkey's name?)

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

Power tools...reminds me of when I mentioned my 'toolbelt' to another lesbian and she thought that I meant something more along the sex toy device line, and I simply meant a belt to hold the tools when I'm DIYing ;)