Monday, February 8, 2010

Geaux Saints, Geaux!

Was it just me, or did this year's super bowl totally rock?? Between The Who performing at half time, and an incredible second half by the Saints, I'm glad that I actually watched it!

I had not watched a super bowl in many, many years. I am, however, a sucker for a good underdog! and an even better half-time show. Roger Daltry's voice isn't what it used to be, but man-o-man was Pete Townsend wailing on that guitar! And while I'm not the biggest fan of the stadium rock technology, the stage they were playing on (I have to admit) was rad. Just plain rad. I geeked out a little.

It will be interesting to see the Saints aftermath when I make my trip to Louisiana this week.

Yes. I promise: lots and lots of photos.
----------------------------
This blog post brought to you by:

The Saints
The Who
The Louisiana Travel Bureau

3 comments:

Lira Kellerman said...

Girls who watch football are in a class all their own of extreme coolness. I am not a girl who watches football.

Phoenix said...

On Sunday I became a girl who watched football, sort of, if you count me watching half-heartedly while cheering for the Saints and then leaving at the last 20 minutes of the game so I could go to a yoga meditation class.

But I'm glad they won. Honestly, it's New Orleans, after all they've been through - someone should've just handed the damn Heisman to them.

Radical Bradacal said...

Lira, it usually helps to be a lesbian in these situations. I think we're statistically more likely to watch and/or just know things about Football.

Tracy ... You should get a prize! [invisible ink: You know that the heisman is a college trophy given to an individual player, and not a team, right? end ink]