Monday, June 14, 2010

Comic. Book. Shakespeare.

My dad, who is not necessarily a "hip" or "with it" guy, posted a link on his facebook page today that made my eyebrows jump for joy. It's a new comic book, only two issues into it's first volume, called "Kill Shakespeare."

http://www.killshakespeare.com/

Juliet as head of the resistance against Richard III, Hamlet out to set order in the realm, Lady MacBeth on a power-hungry binge of terror, Othello as a mercenary-for-hire. REALLY?!?!?!?! It's like I've been waiting for this all of my life!! I ordered the first two issues today, and I can't *wait* for them to arrive! The art looks fantastic, the characters are wrenched from their original plots - seemingly just before death, or their deaths weren't realized - and the story seems really interesting. I'm a little put off by the "heroes" that they chose - the premise is that Shakespeare's greatest Heroes are at war with his greatest of Villains - and Shakespeare himself is a character known as "the creator." In fact, Romeo is a Paladin-like warrior, who was trained by Shakespeare-worshiping monks in Verona.....................need I say more??

IT'S CHRISTMAS IN JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course ... then again ... if it sucks, I will be VERY. VERY. UNHAPPY. But I don't think it will... ;)


*Fist pump!* YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now....to find a viable comic book store in Orange County. I will *not* be thwarted!!

PS - The guys who created this little gem? CANADIAN.

1 comments:

Phoenix said...

I want this so much. I need to call my local Geek Store and see if they have it.

Squeee!