Friday, August 6, 2010

So a Fool and a Mantracker walk into a bar in Calgary ....

So that was a long two-week hiatus! Goodness gracious. Does anyone else find it highly ironic that the very day I fly back from Canada, California over-turned prop. 8??? 


Firstly, let me tell you that I'm alright. That last post probably wasn't the best to leave you all with, but I needed to get out and get away. And I did. And I feel much better. Thank you to those who left comments of concern. You don't know what they mean to me. I wish I could get into specifics, but I can't. 

So all crypticness aside, Canada was great. I went to the Calgary Folk Festival with my monkey (the tickets were a birthday present from her ... awwwwwww), drank a lot of really good beer (and a few less so), ate a lot of really good food (and some not so much), saw some of my favorite people in the world (and a few who are not at all), worked on memorizing my lines, missed my dog way too much, and watched lots and lots of episodes of MANTRACKER .... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .... (yeah, this is totally a real thing)


I'm contemplating the creation of a music-only blog called "Trombone Rock n' Roll" ... with guest bloggers. I figure that I write enough about music as a topic of interest to sustain this crazy thing. No, it won't be about music featuring trombones ... I just thought the title might be paradoxical enough to get me some nerd points. And it just so happens that most of the cool (read:nerdy) music lovers I know, like me, at some point in their life, played the trombone. True story! Anyway, it's a work in progress. If you can think of anything better, give me a shout. 

Finally, I begin rehearsals for King Lear next week. And I'm scared out of my ever-lovin' mind. 

Let the insanity begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: